• Guest Romantics

    August 2012
    11 - Nancy Martin
    November
    13 - JL Hilton

  • *WINNER RT's 2011 Reviewers Choice Award!!* Amazon
  • New Releases

  • .99 at Amazon | B&N
  • $4.79 at Amazon | B&N | Carina
  • Prior Releases

  • Re-Release 9-11-12 |Amazon | B&N
  • October 4, 2011
  • $5.39 at Amazon | B&N | Carina

  • .99 at Amazon | B&N |
  • $5.50 at HQN | Amazon | B&N
  • $1.99 at ARe | Amazon | TMP
  • $1.99 at ARe | Amazon | B&N
  • $5.50 at Amazon | B&N
  • AppleTrail, Arkansas Vol 1. Print & Digital Bundle

  • Available for $2.99 at

    Amazon | B&N | ARe

  • To the folks at the FTC (and anybody else who wants to know): All books featured or reviewed on this site were purchased by the reviewer unless otherwise noted. Books may be supplied by the author or publisher for review. Reviewers are not compensated for their reviews. We do not sell ad space nor advertise any book or author for compensation.

  • Meta

Summertime means travel for a lot of people.  With the kids out of school and beautiful weather, families are itching to get away from their normal day to day lives.  This means a lot of packing.  What to take, what to leave behind.

Okay, for this reason I’m thinking about getting an e-reader.  I’ve heard so many great things about them and even though I will forever love the feel of a real book in my hands, I must agree that an e-reader has some perks.  The main one being the fact I can take as many books as I like anywhere I want.  I will actually be able to free up some space for other things, like souvenirs or t-shirts, in my suitcase.  Yep.  That’s a big one for me. LOL

I’d love to hear your opinions.  If you have one, do you like it, use it, wish you’d bought a different one?  I’m leaning toward the Nook at this point since you have the option to lend books to friends, but the Kindle has been around longer.  The time to buy seems right with the price war going on.  Should I wait a little longer or act now before they raise the prices again?  Good grief, did I say I hate making decisions.

Advertisements

6 Responses

  1. Hey Melissa,

    I have an original Kindle and hubs is thinking about upgrading it for me since the prices have dropped and I’ve been using it a lot more since I started reviewing books here.

    I have not had any problems out of my kindle since I got it. I will say that probably 75% of my books on my kindle have been free books i’ve gotten from Amazon. The other 25% are books i’ve either gotten for review or bought at another site.

    The main misconception everyone has about the kindle is that you have to buy books from Amazon only. I buy books from Carina press, Jasmine Jade, and Samhain. Most of them now how ebpub editions of their books and I just download them to the computer and them copy them to my kindle with the usb cable. If they are pdf’s (mine doesn’t read pdf’s), I can email them to my kindle and pay 15 cents and it will convert it to epub for me.

    I don’t mind not being able to share so much because if I let someone else have it, I can’t read it during that time.

    I will say, I would go to to both B&N and Target and look at both the Nook and Kindle. I love that Target now carries the Kindle and you can actually hold it and look at it before buying it.

    probably more info than you wanted but I love my ereader!!!

  2. I have a Kindle and love it. It was my Christmas present from hubby and I love that if there is a book I’m itching to read, I can have it in my hands in less than a minute. I have heard good things about the Nook, mainly that if you have a friend who has one, you can swap out books for a two week period. But logistically, it wouldn’t work that well for me. Time limits make me stressed. 🙂

    Good luck. It’s worth the money and I still buy print books too. Actually, I’m buying more now than ever.

  3. I’d love to get an ereader. I just can’t decide which one! So I’m enjoying hearing what people have.

    Anyone have a horror story or two about a certain brand?

  4. Two of my crit partners have kindles. They LOVE them! I kind of wish I had one.

  5. just got a twitter this morning that the Sony Ereaders have dropped to $99. Don’t know which one but it might be worth checking out.

  6. Man, I hate not having internet service!!

    Thanks for your comments, ladies! I still have no idea which one I’ll choose, but this helps alot! What I do know is with all these price drops I “MUST” have one! LOL

Show us some love and leave a comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: