I love release day cheat posts. It’s really hard to come up with a topic when you’re in the midst of an umpty-billion blog tour. But I won’t just hit you with promo and leave. Here’s are the reasons why I wrote this book:
1. I love movies. I want to work on a movie set, and hang out with actors and crew, and watch the puzzle of a movie getting put together.
2. #1 isn’t going to happen. So I really, <i>really</i> want to visit the set of a movie based on one (or more!) of my books.
3. #2 isn’t going to happen. So what’s the next best thing?
Writing a book about a movie set! LOL
But wait, there’s more…
Whenever I start a book, I have all these vague “wants” that come together, kind of mashed up in a ball. Like a Play-Doh ball of all different colors, and you mash and massage and squish and smooth until it all blends or swirls together. So in Behind the Scenes, these are the things I wanted to do that I mashed together into this book:
1. Romantic adventure a la Silhouette Bombshell, with lots of action and investigation
2. A kick-ass heroine whose reason for being that way was a devastating loss that made her way too focused
3. A non-alpha hero who happens to be an actor very confident in himself and what he wants, which enables him to be just as strong as an alpha hero but appealing (hopefully!) in a totally different way
I hope some of those things appeal to you, and if so, that Behind the Scenes takes you on a fun ride!
Kennedy Smyth’s firm provides security for companies and charities in seriously dangerous countries. She doesn’t usually take on “frivolous” jobs, but when an old friend asks her to protect his son’s movie shoot, she finds it hard to refuse. Also hard to resist is the film’s charismatic star, Rogan St. James. The handsome actor piques her interest, while the strange actions of the terrorist threatening the set raise her suspicions.
Even though he’s a successful actor, Rogan wants more—a real woman to love, the type he doesn’t think exists…until he meets Kennedy. She intrigues him with her confidence and passion for her work, and frustrates him with her refusal to let him get close.
But Kennedy finds herself in a vulnerable position when she discovers that the terrorist isn’t actually out to derail the film. She’s the real target—and if he finds out how much Rogan means to her, he could be next…