I am so thrilled to welcome Caleb Cantrell and Tess LaSalle to our blog today. Barbara White Daille had the pleasure of telling their story in THE RODEO MAN’S DAUGHTER. Caleb and Tess are such wonderful people I wanted to know a little more about them. I know you’ll enjoy hearing what they have to say.
Before I get to the interview, I wanted to note that it was great that Caleb and Tess and Nate were available for the cover photo shoot. Great picture gang!
I really loved getting to know you both when Barbara wrote your story but I think your fans would like to know more intimate/personal facts about you both. Okay? Feel free to expand or explain why you answered a certain way.
- Granny panties or thong? – Neither one, thank you.
- Shower orBath? – A long, leisurely bath. Except when Caleb’s around.
- Toast or biscuits for breakfast? – Neither—I go for my mother’s sweet rolls! They’re the highlight of breakfast at the Whistlestop Inn. Aunt El and the rest of us can’t get enough of them
- Coffee or tea or neither? – Tea
- Steak or hamburger? – See number six.
- Beef or chicken? – Chicken, when I can convince Caleb that steak, twice a day, seven days a week is a bit much.
- Oranges or apples – Apples, apple pancakes, apple pie, apple crisp…
- Favorite romance author, other than Barbara White Daille – Are there are any others?
- Favorite dessert? – Anything Mom makes at the Whistlestop or Dori makes at the Double S. As you can see, I’m partial to homemade sweets.
- Where’s your favorite place in the whole world? – Anywhere with Caleb.
- Your daughter, Nate, must be getting close to driving age. Does that worry you? – Oh, yes, it worries me! Cars, tractors, Caleb’s ancient pickup truck… Horses, donkeys, the mechanical bull at the county rodeo… She wants to ride anything that moves. She’s got that wild streak in her from her daddy.
- What do you miss about being single? – Not a thing.
- When was your last Mani/Pedi? Did you get color? What was it? – Both, on the day before my wedding. French White. I like the clean look…and so does Caleb.
- Would you rather skydive or scuba dive and why? – Sorry, Caleb and Nate are the daredevils in this family!
- If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? – A willow. They seem so delicate, so fragile, yet they hold up under the strongest winds.
- Boxers or Briefs? – No offense, ma’am, but that’s my business.
- Undershirt or no? – See above.
- Cowboy Boots or barefoot? – Boots. They’ve saved my life more than once when a horse or bull went wild.
- Shower or bath? – All those years on the rodeo circuit trained me for this one. Shower.
- Fried eggs or scrambled? – Fried
- Coffee, Tea or neither – Coffee, hands down.
- Beef or chicken? – Beef
- Coke or Pepsi – Back to number six again.
- Do you have a hobby? What is it? – With the life I led, I had no time for hobbies. That’s changed now. My hobby is learning to be a good husband and daddy.
- Favorite Country Singer? – Don Williams. The songs are smooth, low-key, but really pack a punch. Like someone else I could name. (grin)
- Do you still follow the PBR? – We’ll pass on this one. Since you read the story Barbara wrote, I reckon you understand that’s a touchy subject right now.
- Do you wish you were still on the tour or are you happy to be settled down? – Enough said in the previous answer, but I’ll add one thing here. There’s nothing better than being a family man.
- If Tess were to cook your favorite meal, what would she be cooking? – Steak and potatoes.
- I know you drive a truck. What kind and what year? – Wouldn’t know where to start. Between my ranches inNew MexicoandMontana, I’ve got a few of them. There’s a Bronco, too, from my days in rodeo, but Nate’s got her eye on that one….
- How old is your favorite pair of jeans and how many holes do they have? – Older than dirt. Forget holes—you oughta be asking how much material’s left in ’em. (grin) I only wear them when Tess is around. Seeing me in ’em turns her on. Don’t tell her I said so, though. (Don’t worry. Your secret is safe with us!)
Caleb: You know what, Tess? The gang here at Everybody Needs a Little Romance wants us to answer the question, what’s your idea of romance? Ladies first.
Tess: A date with you. A candlelit dinner in a nice restaurant, a luscious dessert, and when we’re done, a walk hand-in-hand.
Caleb: Sounds to me like we’d just be getting started. (grin) As for my answer? Well, if I can get serious for a minute… Romance is loving someone so much, you’ll wait till they finally have the sense to love you back, even if it takes years.
Tess: It was worth the wait.
~ ~ ~
Barbara here, finally. Whew! I didn’t know Tess and Caleb could talk so much—except to each other. And, once in a while, to me. (smile) I hope you enjoyed getting to know them and will look for their story, THE RODEO MAN’S DAUGHTER (February 2012).
I’m currently on a blog tour to celebrate the release of THE RODEO MAN’S DAUGHTER. You can find full details at my website (link below). Meanwhile, please leave a comment or question for me here—or for Tess or Caleb, for that matter—and your name will be entered in a drawing for an autographed copy of A RANCHER’S PRIDE, the first book set in Flagman’s Folly.
And please look for me out there in cyberspace! Here’s where you’ll find me:
~ ~ ~
Originally from the East Coast, award-winning author Barbara White Daille now lives with her husband in the warm, sunny Southwest, where they love the lizards in the front yard but could do without the scorpions in the bathroom.
From the time she was a toddler, Barbara found herself fascinated by those things her mom called “books.” Once she learned the words between the covers held the magic of storytelling, she wanted to see her words in print so she could weave that spell for others.
Barbara hopes you will enjoy reading her stories and will find your own storytelling magic in them!
It’s Cynthia again. Barbara sent me an ARC of The Rodeo Man’s Daughter. I loved it and I know you will too. I’ve posted a review over HERE. Comment here and at the review for 2 chances to win A Rancher’s Pride.
To order THE RODEO MAN’S DAUGHTER, follow one of the links below